Keeping in view the problems faced by rain flood victims Pakistan Girl Guides Association’s National Commissioner, Senator Nuzhat Sadiq appealed to all provincial/Area branches for immediate help of the flood affected people and exhibit true Guide spirit by fulfilling their responsibility to serve people in emergencies. All Guide Houses has been declared relief centers.
Members were advised to send donations in cash to the National Headquarters Islamabad in following Relief cell account:
Title of Account: Pakistan Girl Guides Association National Headquarters, Relief Cell Account
Account No. : 02960023522903
Bank Branch: Habib Bank Limited, Industrial Area Branch Sector I-9, Islamabad
Chapters were requested to mobilize every member of the Association to put their share no matter how small it could be.
- A meeting was held at National Headquarters on 28th July, 2015 to analyze the current situation and asses the needs of the flood affected people. Senator Nuzhat Sadiq (National Commissioner) and Mrs. Maria Maud Sabri (International Commissioner) attended the meeting.
- PGGA Trainers Ms. Tasneem Yar Khan is stuck in a flood affected area of Chitral where she went to impart a training. However, she is still participating in relief activities.
- Guide members are participating in a survey to identify the number of affected people& their needs/requirements in district D.G.Khan & Muzaffergarh.
- Pakistan Girl Guides Association ICT organized a First Aid Training for Guiders and trainers focusing on First Aid required during floods on 5th & 6th August, 2015.
- Relief goods purchased and packed for the flood affected people of D.G.Khan.
- Pakistan Girl Guides Association National Headquarters distributed Relief goods among flood affected people of D.G. Khan on 11th September, 2015. Senator Nuzhat Sadiq, National Commissioner Pakistan Girl Guides Association and Mrs. Tahira Ahmed, National Secretary went to D.G. Khan and distributed relief goods which included stitched and un-stitched clothes among more than 200 people of Jakher Imamshah, D.G.Khan.