With the formation of Pakistan Girl Guides Association in 1947 a separate provincial Guide Branch was organized in the province of KPK with the Provincial Commissioner as head of the branch. The branch functioned as an independent unit up to 1954. In 1955 the west wing of Pakistan was integrated into a single unit. As a result the Girl Guides Association of West Pakistan came into being. Provincial branch of KPK was given the status of divisional branch under the supervision of divisional Guide Commissioner.
In 1972 after the dissolution of one unit the KPK Branch was revived with divisional structure according to the new administrative division of the government as listed below:
- Dera Ismail khan( DIK)
- Swat and Malakand
In 1981-82 the KPK branch took Guiding to the Girls of Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) and companies were formed.